Learning to sew is fun and rewarding. This Sewing Bundle is for the serious student who knows consistency is key! As with most things, the more sewing you do, the more skilled you become.
This sewing bundle includes 2 private, project sewing sessions. Both classes are 2 hours in length.
- Prerequisite: Completed our Sewing 101 class, or you have basic knowledge of sewing (you can thread your machine & sew a straight stitch.)
- Ages: Adult
- Time/Date: We will send you our calendar to book a time that best fits your schedule. Availability is open Friday evenings 6-8pm, Saturday & Sunday 12pm-6pm CST. We are flexible.
- Location: 7451 Madison St. Forest Park, IL 60130
- Capacity: Private, 1-on-1 sessions
Students will learn to make a removable pillow cover and a custom project. You will add to your sewing skills: pattern knowledge and skills, usage of sewing tools, fabric knowledge and skills, finishing techniques, construction knowledge and skills and sewing terminology.
Sewing Supplies are required for this class. A sewing machine is available for rental, however; we highly recommend bringing your own sewing machine if you have one. Please ensure that your machine is clean and in good working condition.
Don’t forget to bring the sewing machine manual, sewing foot pedal, several extra bobbins, sewing machine needles (in a variety of sizes from 9 to 16).
*Please purchase and bring to your first class*
- 1 yard of fabric (recommend cotton or medium weight home decor fabric)
- 1- 14 x 14 inch Pillow Form
- 1 spool of polyester thread
SEWING NOTIONS NEEDED FOR CLASS:
- A good pair of scissors/Shears dressmaker size
- Straight pins
- Quilt-N-Sew See Thru Rule
- Pin cushion
- Tape measure
- Hand sewing needle
- Sewing gauge
- Marking chalk
- Seam ripper
- additional sewing supplies may be needed for your custom project
By registering for the in person class, you agree to the following:
- Wash your hands before beginning class.
- Disinfect your work station at the end of class.
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Masks are not required
Cancellation Policy: You must give at least 72 hours notice to cancel your enrollment in the class. $25 is non-refundable. Once the class has started, we can no longer offer refunds. Under certain circumstances, we will credit you for a future class session.