Sew Ready with Lecretia
We make learning to sew a fun and inspiring experience, as we take you step by step through the fundamentals of using your sewing machine and reading commercial patterns.
- Ages: Adult
- Dates: February 5th-February 26th, 2022 ( 4 classes )
- Location: 7451 Madison St. Forest Park, IL 60130
- Time: 10am - 1pm CST
- Capacity: 6 students
- Payment Plans available through ShopPay
Entry level class for the beginner. Students will learn to make a pillow, tote bag and pajama bottoms. We will focus on how to use your machine and read a pattern.
Sewing Supplies are required for this class. A sewing machine is not required, however; we highly recommend bringing your own sewing machine if you have one. Please ensure that your machine is clean and in good working condition.
Don’t forget to bring the sewing machine manual, sewing foot pedal, extra bobbins, sewing machine oil, sewing machine needles (in a variety of sizes from 9 to 16).
Bonus supplies ($10 savings) included with registration: Pin cushion, Tape measure, Hand sewing needle, Sewing gauge, Marking chalk and Seam ripper.
SEWING NOTIONS NEEDED FOR CLASS:
- A good pair of scissors/Shears dressmaker size
- Straight pins
- Quilt-N-Sew See Thru Rule
- Bodkin or extremely large safety pin
*Please purchase and bring to the first class project supplies*
Project #1: Pillow:
- 1 yard of cotton medium weight decorator fabric or cotton fabric
- 1 spool of all-purpose sewing thread (250 count)
- 14in x 14in pillow form
Project #2: Tote Bag:
- 1 yard of medium weight woven decorator or cotton fabric
- 2 yards of cotton webbing for handles
- 1 spool of all-purpose matching sewing thread
Project #3: Pajama Bottoms:
- 3 yards of 45-60in woven cotton fabric
- 1 1/8 yards of 1/2" wide elastic
- 1 spool of matching sewing thread
- 1 Simplicity 9505 Pattern View G
Don't want to shop for supplies? We got you, click here for our Sewing Kits!
By registering for the in person class, you agree to the following:
1. Your temperature will be taken upon entering the Marketplace via a contactless thermometer.
2. Wash your hands before beginning class.
3. Wear a face mask at ALL times.
4. Disinfect your work station at the end of class.
5. Stay home if you feel sick.
6. Practice social distancing.
Cancellation Policy: You must give at least 72 hours notice to cancel your enrollment in the class. $13 is non-refundable. Once the class has started, we can no longer offer refunds. Under certain circumstances, we will credit you for a future class session. Sewing Kits are Non-Refundable, they will be shipped to you within 5 business days after cancellation, so you can complete your project in the future.