Empowerment, Divine Essence, Beauty and Wellness
Waist beads also represent femininity, many women use them as a tool to feel more feminine and beautiful. They have been worn for centuries for varying reasons by royalty for body adornment, sensuality and decoration.
History: Waist beads are traditionally an African tradition of women or girls wearing small beads (seed beads) around their waist. They are commonly worn by people in certain parts of Africa, such as Ghana. Some women wear them from childhood to adulthood.
- Tie on with cotton strings. This allows you to keep them on permanently, even in the bath.
- One size fits all with a custom fit that you create.
- Easy to wear under clothing.
- Authentic African waist beads.
- Length: 40 inches
- The thinner waist beads can be worn at the hip line under your clothes.
- The items are sold by a strand.