Hey Beautiful Ladies!
One of my favorite type of parties to get invited to are baby showers! There is something very special about watching family come together, to celebrate the anticipated arrival of a new baby, and give blessings to a woman on her way to motherhood!
I like seeing how rooms are transformed into intimate gatherings in a home or huge parties in a rented space! I enjoy playing the creative baby games, looking at the unique decorations, and watching how special cultural traditions are incorporated into the event.
When I found out a friend of mine was pregnant I was so excited! I wanted to put my creative juices to work and give her something special. I asked her mother, who was coordinating the baby shower, if I could make the Card Box. She gave me the thumbs up and this is my final product. Isn't it Cute!
My initial intentions were to take the blank canvas of a paper mache box and decorate it using different paper crafting techniques.
However, I came across this adorable trunk at Michaels! Which happened to have my friends baby shower theme and colors. Elephants, Blue, and Grey! Score!
Here's some pictures of the decorations at my friends baby shower! I love the clothes line with the tiny baby onesies! So Adorable!
Here is how to make the banner. Once you learn this technique it can be incorporated into other crafty ideas!
12 Step Tutorial for Baby Shower Banner!
- Three coordinating paper card stock: One for a mat, one for the top layer, and one for the letters.
- Hole Puncher
- Cricut Machine
- Abc Calligraphy Disk
- Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Mounting Dots
- Paper Cutter or Scissors
- Using your paper cutter, Cut 5 pieces of your mat paper (bottom layer of banner) 5 x 3 inches
- Cut 5 pieces of paper for your top layer of banner; 4 7/8 inches x 2 3/4 inches
- On wrong side of all Ten rectangle pieces make a dot designating the middle.
- Create the triangle shape of banner. Cut from the middle point to the left and right corners.
- Glue the top triangle piece (smaller one) to the bottom piece (larger one)
- Make holes for banner. Punch 1/4 inch holes on each top corner of banner. I eyeballed the distance between each hole.
- Create "cards" Letters using Third Coordinating paper. Set up your Cricut machine using the following settings: Abc Calligraphy Collection Font Cartridge, Lowercase Letters, Shadow Creative Feature Key; and 1 inch Size Dial.
- Adhere the letters to each banner with glue.
- Loop yarn in between each hole. I like starting from the back to the front.
- Adhere both ends of the yarn to the trunk with hot glue gun.
- I added paper buttons to each corner to cover the hot glue.
- Smile and admire your creativity!! :)
Click here for a quick step by step tutorial on the 3D Letters that say BABY BOY.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures and tutorial! If you have any questions feel free to comment below!
*Big Thank You to my friend D.P for letting me show pictures from your Baby Shower!*
Peace and Much Appreciation,
Your welcome Sheena! Thanks for stopping by!
thanks for sharing
Thank you Trishaly! :)
Your welcome Nadia! :)
Great 12 step tutorial for creating a card box for a baby shower, lovely Lecretia!