Vegan Cookies & Cream Smoothie Dessert
A few weeks ago I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled! Unfortunately, my experience was not very positive and my recovery process has been a little slow.
So with that I'm still having trouble chewing hard crunchy foods and even though my wisdom teeth are gone my sweet tooth hasn't left! :) So what am I to do? Well one of my recommended meals was smoothies. So I decided to blend my cookies in my brand new Ninja ( I love it!), with other yummy ingredients like vegan vanilla ice cream! The result had me saying, "yummy in my tummy!" So I had to share it with you all!
• Add a few scoops of ice cream to cup before pouring in the finished smoothie. It gives it more of a thick shake like consistency. Soooo Good!
• I used Trader Joe's Chocolate Vanilla Creme cookies but Oreo cookies would work well too!
The recipe is super easy, quick, vegan, dairy free and delicious! Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!
Vegan Cookies and Cream Smoothie by Lecretia Akines
Yield: About 2 Cups
6 Chocolate and Cream Cookies
2 1/2 Cups Ice Cream
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Cold Water
4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Separate the cream from the middle of 2 cookies. Add the cream to high powered blender. Set the 4 outer layers of cookie to the side.
- Add all other ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for about 15-30 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and garnish drink by crushing the 4 cookie outer layers with your hand & sprinkling on top.
Till' next time have a Great & Powerful Day!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful receipe! I am no longer able to tolerate lactose, so I love the fact that this receipe is dairy free! Happy tastebuds AND a happy tummy! ?Thanks!
Looks delicious! I will definitely try it out!
Leave a comment