Job Opening in Aurora: Retail Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associate-Aurora, IL- Fox Valley Mall
Compensation: TBD Position Type: Part-time & Seasonal
If you have a strong passion to work in the retail/fashion industry, and a drive for providing assistance and support, this position could be for you!
We are a family owned business, established in 2014, that offers the community "Handmade Expressions of Love" with an array of unique, fashionable, and versatile products made with African print inspired fabrics and premium textiles. We also carry a large inventory of aromatherapy and self-care products.
Our newest venture has brought is us to opening our first retail kiosk at Fox Valley Mall, and we are looking for an essential team member; the face of our brand; the one who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, a “can do” attitude, lives in integrity and who is both confident in their abilities, but also knows when to be the student because you need to be a quick study!
The success of our company is based on the success of our team members. While challenging, for the right person this will not only be an enjoyable and rewarding opportunity, but one they’ll thrive in, and we look forward to scaling compensation based on quality work.
While we do have fun, the right person will understand our need to declare: If you are a clock-watcher, compulsive Facebook-er, chatter box personal phone caller, excuse maker, or a known constant complainer, you are not the face of our brand.
If you’re still reading you may just be the face of our brand.
THE RIGHT PERSON:
- Loves working with people.
- Customer service oriented.
- Has excellent verbal skills.
- Has a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure yet still remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of confidentiality.
- Good decision-maker.
- Considered a morning person.
- Pays close attention to details.
- Enjoys contributing ideas and sharing thoughts, while working.
- Impeccable cash management and good math skills.
- Absolutely must be punctual!
- Must be willing to learn new things and be open to constructive criticism.
- Must be resourceful and trustworthy.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Has a passion for learning about our products.
To sum it up, we’re looking for a mature, talented and hardworking person that would like to become a valuable member of our team.
- Assist our customers with all aspects of sales and service.
- Assess customer’s needs and recommending items aligned with preferences.
- Responsible for providing a high level of product knowledge to customers and helping with the customer experience.
- Promote, market and upsell our products.
- Accurate cash management and Credit Card payment processing.
- Display merchandise, stocking, inventory, pricing items.
- Perform store opening tasks.
- Assist with labels, barcoding, and prepping packaging material.
- Keep space clean and sanitized.
- High School graduate or GED.
- 1 years of retail sales and/or customer service experience (preferably not food related).
- Strong communication skills.
- Be comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- Be able to stand and walk on the sales floor, some light lifting.
- Basic computer skills.
- Be willing to learn new things quickly.
- Must be available to work morning shifts. 9:30am-1:30pm
Any knowledge that you have of POS systems or Shopify is a plus.
Strong appreciation of African textiles, waist beads, head wraps, etc.
A Seasonal, Part-Time job (up to 20 hours/week) in a family style environment. Our business is open during Mall Hours. Compensation based on proven experience. On the job training provided. Long term position. After a 29-Day trial period: Employee discount. You will report directly to the owner.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please send an email following these instructions:
Subject Line: I’m Your New Sales Associate
Within the body of the email, answer these questions:
- What are the top three reasons you’re the person for this position?
- What is your favorite tool that helps you stay punctual?
Include a resume and references within the body of the email.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org